Sunday Set List #140 4/1/2012

unrealBook the iPad and unrealBook

We did a few things differently than normal this morning.

  • I decided we would go right from Hosanna to Hosanna in the Highest. We practiced the transition several times this morning and it worked well during the service allowing us to keep the intensity flowing into Hosanna in the Highest.
  • I also decided to capo my guitar to 10 for Wind of the Spirit and play in G while Dennis was playing capo 2 in D. I thought it worked pretty well; although I had to pause for a brief second to turn on my headset mic when I realized I hadn’t turned it on in the middle of the intro.
  • For The Old Rugged Cross we had Brian play the mandolin and shifted Brad from the drums to the bass to give us a more “old time” sound. I know many people in the congregation really enjoy hearing the mandolin, so I need to be more intentional in choosing songs where it fits. Fortunately everyone was paying attention when I shortened the song on the fly and went to the acapella chorus early.

We also played Risen Today again after the benediction. Next week will find out if this strategy paid off when we open our Easter service with the song.

Here are all the songs we did:

1 Hosanna (Praise is rising) Opener-Come to Worship
4662491 Paul Baloche and Brenton Brown ©2005 Integrity's Hosanna! Music/ASCAP/Thank You Music
0 Hosanna in the Highest GITS-Jesus
2286532 Tom Wuest ©1996 Maranatha! Music.
-1 Perfect Lamb Of God GITS-Jesus
4662855 Adam Saks © 2004 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP). Sovereign Grace Music

SERMON: A Beautiful Thing – Mark 14:3-9 (Pastor Mark)

-1 Wind Of The Spirit Prayer-Holy Spirit
516854 Kerry Eighteen ©1988 Coronation Music
-1 Out of the Deep I Call Communion-Repentance/Conf
©2001 Brian T. Murphy Music. Words: Henry Baker(1821-1877). Music: Brian Murphy.
-1 The Old Rugged Cross Communion
©1913,1941 George Bennard, The Rodeheaver Co
1 Father Forgive Us Closer-Evangelism/Missions
© Andy Irons / RESOUNDworship.org, Administered by The Jubilate Group

Post Benediction – music team only (preparing for Easter!)
1 Risen Today GITS-Jesus
6017305 Words and Music by Aaron Shust/Charles Wesley ©2011 Bridge Building Music, Inc. adm Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc

-2 'We-I' Balance
-2 We-I Balance

MLCC 4/1/2012 Leadsheet PDF for songs above.

Leader/Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Doug
Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Dennis
Vocals – Teresa & Laurie
Bass/Mandolin – Brian
Keyboard – Riley
Drums/Bass – Brad
AV Techs – Greg & Shani

Find out what other songs churches are singing at TheWorshipCommunity.com

Technorati Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment