Sunday Set List #115 9/11/2011

sundaysetlist

The worship service went well this morning. It goes well on most Sunday mornings because we have a singing congregation and that changes everything. It was apparent from the first song, the second song, The Father’s Love, was a new one, so that quieted everyone, but only temporarily. I did create a few glitches this morning, in the first set I forgot to repeat the first verse on It Is Not Death to Die and went right into the chorus; I announced a quick “Let’s do that verse again” after the chorus, and the band and Earl at the slides didn’t miss a beat. In the second set on the first song, Spirit, I realized right away as I started singing I had not turned on my headset mic. I just kept singing to keep the band going, quickly turned it on with a pop, and jumped back into the pattern pick as quick as possible to minimize the interruption; fortunately, it worked quite well. It wasn’t one of our best Sundays from a technical perspective, but we worshipped the Lord with one voice nonetheless! 

Below is the view from my iPad of today’s setlist; the app is unrealBook. The two Romans passages you see in the setilist came from my Bible reading this morning using the Glo Bible app.I pasted the verses into blank PDFs in unrealBook and then added them to the playlist at the point where I read them. Since I’m leading from the guitar, and you can see this first song is three pages, I use the USB Footime Page Turner to turn the pages. I have scaled the customized Courier New font I use larger than our normal printed leadsheets, so they are very easy to read. Only playing outside in bright sunshine would cause me to go to paper now! I got the iPad just to do this, and after using this setup now for over two months, it has proved to be money well spent.

unrealBook 09 11 2011 

Here are all the details on the songs.

-1 Before the Throne Opener-Come to Worship
2306412 lyrics Charitie Less Bancroft, alt. lyrics/music by Vikki Cook ©1997 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)
1 The Father's Love GITS-Father
Joel Sczebel ©2009 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP) admin by Integrity Music.
1 It Is Not Death To Die GITS-Jesus
Henri Malan(1787-1864) Translated George Bethune(1847) Music, chorus/alt words Bob Kauflin ©2008 Integrity’s Praise! Music

SERMON:  Life Under the Sun – The Measure of Generosity
Ecclesiastes 11:1-6 (Pastor Mark)

1 Spirit Prayer-Holy Spirit
From Hymns of the Russian Church by Brownlie, John, 1920 Arrangement by Doug Thorsvik ©2005
-1 I Cannot Ignore Response-To Each Other
3491742 ©2001 Jordan Fowler Dropknee/Prologue Worship
-1 Acts 2 42 Believer Closer-Serve/Obey
©2010 Doug Thorsvik

0 'We-I' Balance
0 We-I Balance

MLCC 9/11/2011 Leadsheet PDF for songs above.

Leader/Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Doug
Vocals – Dawn & Laurie
Bass – Brian
Drums – Liam
Keyboard – Riley 
AV techs – Brad, Greg, & Earl

I hope you had a great Lord’s day today, too!

Find out what other songs churches are singing at TheWorshipCommunity.com

Technorati Tags: ,,,

0 comments:

Post a Comment