Sunday Set List #66 8/8/2010

sundaysetlistMy brother Brian and his wife Deanne are visiting us this weekend. They are back from the field in Turkey and Central Asia. Brian brought the Word for both services and they both shared at Sunday School. It turned out to be a hard hitting Sunday. We had a challenging message to hear. Sharing the gospel in Muslim nations is difficult; seeing pictures of martyrs my brother knew and worked with is sobering. Here are the three applications questions that went with the main points:

How are you to be like Jesus as the Lamb who was slain?
What area of your life makes you ask, “How long, Lord?”
What is Jesus asking you to do to prepare for the meeting at the throne?

As it turned out the songs connected well with the message this morning. I would like to say I planned it that way, but my brother and I didn’t talk before I picked the songs! It’s God’s regular reminder to me and others who know that He is orchestrating everything. The reminder this morning was very clear.    

I really sensed God’s presence in everything that happened today; I was good to be in God’s house this morning: Challenged by the Word, uplifted singing songs of praise to God, delighted as I served with the music team, and engaged in interacting with others about God’s work in this world.

Here are the songs we did:

0 Crown Him With Many Crowns Opener-Come to Worship
v1,2,4 Matthew Bridges, 1852; v3 Godfrey Thring, 1874, Music: George J. Elvey, 1868, Arr. ©1997 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music and Word Music
-1 God of Wonders GITS-Father
3118757 Steve Hindalong & Marc Byrd ©2000 New Spring Publishing, Inc./ASCAP
1 Revelation Song GITS-Jesus
Kari Jobe ©2004 Gateway Create Publishing (Integrity's Praise! Music) CCLI#4447960

Sermon: How Long? Revelation 5:9, 6:9-11, 7:9-10

1 Spirit Prayer-Holy Spirit
From Hymns of the Russian Church by Brownlie, John, 1920 Arrangement by Doug Thorsvik ©2005
-1 I Cannot Ignore Response-To Each Other
©2001 Jordan Fowler Dropknee/Prologue Worship
1 By Faith Closer-Evangelism/Missions
Keith Getty, Kristyn Getty, Stuart Townend ©2009 Getty Music & Thank You Music CCLI: 5469291

1 'We-I' Balance
1 We-I Balance

MLCC 8/8/2010 Leadsheet

Worship Team for today

Leader/Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Doug
Electric Guitar – Aaron 
Bass – Brian
Electric Drums – Brad
Vocals – Dawn & Laurie
Sound techs – Clint

Hope you had a great Sunday gathered with God’s people.

Find out what other songs churches are singing at TheWorshipCommunity.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment