Sunday Set List #109 7/10/2011

sundaysetlist My takeaway from the sermon this morning is that the worship of fools is focusing on what I like in worship instead of asking what pleases God in worship and doing that.

The music went smoothly this morning with our normal excellent congregational response. The team played an sang well; Brad is doing an outstanding job of improving our platform mix (a trouble spot for us).

I’m still mastering the foot pedal on my iPad, so I had to quickly back up on Speak, O Lord as I accidentally double-clicked and went from page 1 (verse 1) to page 3 (verse 3). I’m not sure anyone noticed. I also spent some extra practice time at home on Spirit to get consistent with the foot pedal page turning while I am pattern-picking the song, and the extra work paid off. It sure is nice not to be shuffling paper on my music stand and to have the larger text! More thoughts on using the iPad are here: iPad in Worship.

Here are all the songs we did:

-1 The Heart of Worship Opener-Come to Worship
2296522 Matt Redman ©1999 Kingsway's Thankyou Music
0 Masterful Creator GITS-Father
Lyrics by Mark Hudson, arrangement by Doug Thorsvik ©2006
1 It Is Not Death To Die GITS-Jesus
Henri Malan(1787-1864) Translated George Bethune(1847) Music, chorus/alt words Bob Kauflin ©2008 Integrity’s Praise! Music
1 Speak, O Lord Response-Prayer
4615235 Keith Getty & Stuart Townend © 2005 Thankyou Music

SERMON: Drawing Near to God – Eccl 5:1-7 (Pastor Mark)

1 Spirit Prayer-Holy Spirit
From Hymns of the Russian Church by Brownlie, John, 1920 Arrangement by Doug Thorsvik ©2005
-1 Acts 2 42 Believer Closer-Serve/Obey
©2010 Doug Thorsvik

MLCC 7/10/2011 Leadsheet PDF of all songs above

1 'We-I' Balance
1 We-I Balance

Leader/Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Doug
Acoustic Guitar – Dennis
Vocals – Susan & Derek
Bass – Jody
Drums – Brian
AV techs – Brad, Greg, & Earl

I hope you had a great Lord’s day today, too!

Find out what other songs churches are singing at TheWorshipCommunity.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment