Sunday Set List #106 6/19/2011

sundaysetlist Happy Father’s Day

We had a full congregation this morning; that always means worship in song is going to be encouraging, and it was. Brad wasn’t feeling so hot this morning, but you would never have guessed by how he led us this morning. It’s easy to lead when your feeling great; I really admire people you can count on for their best in every situation. Brad is one of those guys, and we are blessed.

You won’t recognize Hail the Resurrection Day; it’s a great text from another period that I put to music. There are plenty of collections of hymn texts out there with really good stuff waiting to be brought back to life with a creative touch.

Here are all the songs we did:

1 Hail the Resurrection Day Opener-Come to Worship
From Hymns of the Russian Church by Brownlie, John, 1920: From the Canon for Easter--JOHN OF DAMASCUS, arrangement by Doug Thorsvik ©2007
1 Wonderful Maker GITS-Father
3798627 Matt Redman & Chris Tomlin ©2002 EMI Christian Music Kingsway's Thankyou Music
1 Jesus Messiah GITS-Jesus
5183443 Chris Tomlin ©2008 Vamos Publishing, worshiptogether.com songs

SERMON: Walking in the Way of Good Men–Prov 2 (Pastor Mark)

-1 Wind Of The Spirit Prayer-Holy Spirit
516854 Kerry Eighteen ©1988 Coronation Music
-1 Always Forgiven Response-To God
4662848 Jonathan & Ryan Baird ©2003 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)
-1 The Power of Your Name Closer-Serve/Obey
5200900 ©2008 Integrity's Praise! Music Lincoln Brewster

0 'We-I' Balance
0 We-I Balance

MLCC 6/19/2011 Leadsheet

Leader/Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Brad
Acoustic Guitar – Dennis
Vocals – Dawn & Ted 
Bass – Doug
Drums – Brian
Sound tech – Chad

I hope you had a great Lord’s day today, too!

P.S. If any of you are using an iPad instead of printed music during the worship service, I am interested in talking to you. I finally got my iPad and a USB foot pedal. Since I don’t want my charts to be a vision test, I’m busy reformatting Access exported Word docs with macros and by hand and then saving them as PDFs.

Find out what other songs churches are singing at TheWorshipCommunity.com

2 comments:

thanks for the post. I would be interesting in hearing or seeing a leadsheet to Hail the Resurrection Day?

Michael

Thanks for the interest.

You can view the leadsheet (chord chart) for the song using the Leadsheet link below the We-I Balance graphic above.

Here is a link to a simple recording of me singing and playing the song on the guitar: http://www.mlcconline.org/WorshipTeamResources/MP3s/Hail%20the%20Resurrection%20Day-253.mp3

Doug Thorsvik

Post a Comment