Sunday Set List #104 6/5/2011

sundaysetlist The service went well today. As it turned out It Is Not Death to Die connected to Pastor Mark’s sermon; a reminder to me that the Holy Spirit can orchestrate the song choice even when songs are chosen weeks in advance. We added the mando to The Old Rugged Cross to change things up. The only glitch we had was my fault; I forgot to turn on my headset mic for Spirit; I realized it in the middle of the first verse, but there was no way to fix it until the next song. I just sang louder. As Pastor Mark said this morning, “The joy is in the journey.”

Here are all the songs we did:

1 Unfailing Love Opener-Come to Worship
4659301 Nigel Briggs, Rich BullL, Matt Loose, Phil Squires, ©2005 Vineyard Songs (UK/Eire).
1 It Is Not Death To Die GITS-Jesus
Henri Malan(1787-1864) Translated George Bethune(1847) Music, chorus/alt words Bob Kauflin ©2008 Integrity’s Praise! Music
0 All Things GITS-Father
1225869 Joel Weldon Hendrickson, Steve Mills, Jeff Crum ©1992 Little Peach Music, Inc. (BMI)

SERMON: Life Under the Sun - God’s Gift to Man (Eccl 3:9-22)
Pastor Mark

1 Spirit Prayer-Holy Spirit
From Hymns of the Russian Church by Brownlie, John, 1920 Arrangement by Doug Thorsvik ©2005
1 Restore Us Communion-Repentance/Conf
5613126 J.R. Taylor, Jerry Wise ©2008 Mossbank Publishing/BMI/Wisenheimer Music (Adm Fun Attic Music)ASCAP
-1 The Old Rugged Cross Communion
©1913,1941 George Bennard, The Rodeheaver Co
1 Just A Little Closer-Evangelism/Missions
Words Rubie T. Weyburn , 1905, arrangement by Doug Thorsvik ©2007

4 'We-I' Balance
4 We-I Balance

MLCC 6/5/2011 Leadsheet

Leader/Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Doug
Acoustic Guitar/Mandolin – Brian
Vocals – Teresa & Derek
Bass – Jody
Drums – Brad
Sound tech – Chad

I hope you had a great Lord’s day today, too!

Thanks to Matt Owens for sharing how he is using his iPad in worship. He provided some great info on software choices!!!

P.S. If any others of you are using an iPad instead of printed music during the worship service, I am interested in talking to you. I am moving in that direction.

Find out what other songs churches are singing at TheWorshipCommunity.com

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comments:

Doug,

Thanks for sharing! I don't recognize a lot of your songs - are a lot of them from Vineyard, and what is GITS?

I'd love to hear how you're using the iPad as you lead worship!

Thanks!
Barry Westman

Post a Comment