Sunday Set List #75 10/17/2010

sundaysetlistIt was a good Sunday. We struggled at a few points in several songs, but most likely not something the congregation noticed. I failed to turn on my acoustic guitar for the first set; since it’s often so light in the monitor mix that I can’t hear the difference if it is on or off and am used to playing through regardless. Fortunately Brian was playing an electric guitar so we had something in the house mix. I was great to have Jody back in on bass, so we could have an electric guitar this morning. Probably the high point for me was Great is Thy Faithfulness; we had the ladies sing verse two, the guys do verse three and everyone do the chorus acapella. The congregation really sang out on that final chorus; it definitely was a moment!

Before the Throne was a new song for us this morning. I created a hybrid arrangement using the Sovereign Grace version and another version off the internet. After I was done with it I had dropped the key from D modulating to E on the last verse to C modulating to D on the last verse. I stripped out extra chords in the first verse to simplify it enough so I could use a flat picking pattern which allowed us to build the instrumentation and intensity on each verse. The song is much easier to sing in the lower key combination(Leadsheet). I anticipate using this updated hymn regularly; the lyrics are rich and the arrangement is a pleasure to play and sing.

Here are the rest of the songs:

-1 Before the Throne Opener-Come to Worship
lyrics Charitie Less Bancroft, alt. lyrics/music by Vikki Cook ©1997 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)
0 Holy Is The Lord GITS-Father
86346 Kelly Green ©1982 Mercy Publishing ARR. ICS. UBP.
1 Who is This GITS-Jesus
5118470 ©Joel Payne/RESOUNDworship.org, Administered by The Jubilate Group, UK copyrightmanager@jubilate.co.uk

SERMON: Like Father, Like Son – Genesis 26 (Pastor Mark)

1 Spirit Prayer-Holy Spirit
From Hymns of the Russian Church by Brownlie, John, 1920 Arrangement by Doug Thorsvik ©2005
-1 Great Is Thy Faithfulness Response-To God
Thomas O Chisolm, William M Runyan, ©1923,1951 Hope Publishing Company
-1 I Feel the Winds of God Today Closer-Serve/Obey
Jessie Adams 1907, Arrangement, updated lyric, added chorus ©1999 Doug Thorsvik

-1 'We-I' Balance
-1 We-I Balance

MLCC 10/17/2010 Leadsheet

Leader/Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Doug
Electric Guitar - Brian
Vocals – Susan & Derek
Bass – Jody
Drums - Brad
Sound techs –  Clint & Chad

Hope you had a blessed Lord’s day too!

Find out what other songs churches are singing at TheWorshipCommunity.com

Technorati Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment