Sunday Set List #23 9/06/09

Medical Lake Community Church



We had another good morning. Worship team played and sang well together, congregation participation was good. Finished up our third repeat of the new song "Speak, O Lord"; it will be a keeper. Very positive response; the lyrics are rich and it is engaging to sing. Great song to put before the sermon. My take away quote from Pastor Mark's sermon: "When we minister together, it binds us together". I certainly have found it to be true in my life.

Our We-I Balance for this week is 0. If you are not sure what that is all about; you can check out my blogs for the last two weeks: “I” Trouble: The “We-I Balance” in Corporate Song (Part 1) and “I” Trouble: The “We-I Balance” in Corporate Song (Part 2) Here are the songs we sang:

-1 He Is Yahweh GITS-Father
3277849 Dean Salyn ©2001 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing
0 Remain In My Love GITS-Jesus
516359 John Clarke ©1988 Coronation Music
1 Speak, O Lord Response-Prayer
4615235 Keith Getty & Stuart Townend © 2005 Thankyou Music

SERMON: Acts 13:4-51

1 Spirit Prayer-Holy Spirit
From Hymns of the Russian Church by Brownlie, John, 1920 Arrangement by Doug Thorsvik ©2005
-1 Out of the Deep I Call Communion-Repentance/Forgiveness
©2001 Brian T. Murphy Music. Words: Henry Baker(1821-1877). Music: Brian Murphy.
1 By His Blood Communion
Steve Merkel ©1997 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music/ASCAP
-1 Living for Jesus Closer-Serve/Obey
Public Domain - 1917 - Words Thomas O. Chisholm, Music C. Harold Lowden

MLCC 08/16/09 Leadsheet
(I use a custom font so, you will have to make font size smaller to get the line breaks correct)

Pine Lodge Corrections Center for Women

Chaplain Dave was gone, so I ended up with the whole service. Brenda joined me on bass and we had an uplifting time of worship. Since the service didn't make the published schedule and was announced just before we began, attendance was down. Since I preached on Psalm 42; I dusted off the old classic "As the Deer" to follow the sermon. The ladies knew it really well. I also decided to do "Speak, O Lord" and the ladies really liked it. They are very positive about all we do; I often wonder who gets more out of the service when I go out there. Serving is truly a blessing.

Our We-I Balance for this week is 0. Here are the songs we sang:

1 Hosanna (Praise is rising) Opener-Come to Worship
4662491 Paul Baloche and Brenton Brown ©2005 Integrity's Hosanna! Music/ASCAP/Thank You Music
-1 He Is Yahweh GITS-Father
3277849 Dean Salyn ©2001 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing
-1 Matchless GITS-Jesus
4639228 Aaron Shust. ©2005 Shustmusic (BMI)
1 Speak, O Lord Response-Prayer
4615235 Keith Getty & Stuart Townend © 2005 Thankyou Music

Sermon: Songs to God Part 2 – Psalm 42

-1 As The Deer Response-Prayer
1431 Martin Nystrom ©1984 Maranatha! Music
1 Just A Little Closer-Evangelism/Missions
Words Rubie T. Weyburn , 1905, arrangement by Doug Thorsvik ©2007

Hope you had a great Sunday too!

Find out what other songs churches are sing at FredMcKinnon.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment