Sunday Set List #128 12/18/2011

sundaysetlist
4th Sunday in Advent

It is always exciting to do baptisms, and we had three this morning. We had to move the worship team because most of the team stands on the lid to the baptismal! We simplified things somewhat and reduced the instruments to an acoustic guitar and electric bass except for Celtic Christmas Blessing where we went with an acoustic guitar (Nashville tuning), mandolin, and electric bass. We were down on the floor and two feet from the start of the congregation, so we could really hear everyone singing this morning. It was clear, everyone loves the Christmas carols; what a blessing!!!

I was worried that for the call of worship Brian would use the same passage I read this morning in my Bible reading plan for devotions this morning. I breathed a sigh of relief when he chose a passage from Revelation. The passage also turned out to be the same passage I led for our Sunday School class this morning since we have been working through 2 Peter. When I sat down after the first set and opened my Bible to the passage for the sermon, I discovered it was the one I had already read to the congregation. It was one of those mornings were we were all on the same page.

It was a great morning to worship the Lord together!

Here are all the songs we did:

-1 What Kind of Throne Christmas/Advent
4547468 ©Joel Payne/RESOUNDworship.org, Administered by The Jubilate Group, UK copyrightmanager@jubilate.co.uk
-1 Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne Christmas/Advent
Emily E.S. Elliot, 1864
1 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing Christmas/Advent
Public Domain Charles Wesley, 1739

SERMON: His Promise is Sure – 2 Peter 3:1-13
(Pastor Mark)

1 The First Noel Christmas/Advent
Public Domain, W. Sandys' Christmas Carols 1833, Arr. By John Stainer, 1871

Baptisms
 
-1 I Have Decided To Follow Jesus Closer-Believe/Trust
Unknown Public Domain
0 Joy to the World! The Lord Is Come Christmas/Advent
Public Domain Isaac Watts, 1719
1 Celtic Christmas Blessing Christmas/Advent
4411824 Keith & Kristyn Getty Copyright © Thankyou Music 2004

1 'We-I' Balance
1 We-I Balance

MLCC 12/18/2011 Leadsheet PDF for songs above.

Leader/Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Doug
Vocals – Teresa & Ted
Bass/Mandolin – Brian
Bass – Brad
AV techs – Brad, Greg & Earl

Find out what other songs churches are singing at TheWorshipCommunity.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment