Sunday Set List #127 12/11/2011

sundaysetlist 3rd Sunday in Advent

Worshipping together is the way to start the week.

We opening the singing part of worship with O Come, All Ye Faithful and did the last chorus acapella. As always, the congregation really found it’s voice.

As it has turned out, the timing on introducing Blessings could not have been better, This was our third Sunday singing it, and it turned out to be a good fit after the sermon. I forgot to turn on my headset mic, so I had to stop the song after “We pray” and quickly restart the song. Since I was the only one playing there was really no way to resolve the problem I created for myself. 

One of our favorite songs for the season is Celtic Christmas Blessing. Everyone looks forward to it. To get a little different sound I capo my guitar on the 7th fret, we add a mandolin, and lose the drums. I was using the Stumble Upon app on my iPad recently and stumbled upon a website describing Nashville Tuning. I had never heard of it, it looked interesting, so I watched a few You Tube Videos, and decided it might be an even better fit for the song. I strung up my Larrivee acoustic on Wednesday to test out the tuning and was amazed by the sound; tried it with the team on Thursday and everyone thought the guitar sounded great; so we did it today and it went very well. I will use it again next week.

Here are all the songs we did:

1 O Come, All Ye Faithful Christmas/Advent
Public Domain Attr to John F Wade, 1751
0 He Shall Reign Christmas/Advent
222643 Marc Chopinsky ©1988 Integrity's Hosanna! Music
1 The Father's Love GITS-Father
Joel Sczebel ©2009 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP) admin by Integrity Music.

SERMON: The Promised Kingdom – Isaiah 11:6-10
(Pastor Mark)

1 Blessings Response-Prayer
5897818 LAURA STORY ©2011 New Spring (adm by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing,Inc.)
1 Not Of Our Hands Prayer-Holy Spirit
4915966 Steven & Amanda Potaczek ©2006 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing(ASCAP)/Simplistic Records
1 Celtic Christmas Blessing Christmas/Advent
4411824 Keith & Kristyn Getty Copyright © Thankyou Music 2004

5 'We-I' Balance
5 We-I Balance

MLCC 12/11/2011 Leadsheet PDF for songs above.

Leader/Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Doug
Acoustic Guitar 2/Vocal: Dennis 
Vocals – Susan & Derek
Bass/Mandolin – Brian
Drums/Bass – Brad
AV techs – Chad & Greg

I hope you had a great Lord’s day today, too!

Find out what other songs churches are singing at TheWorshipCommunity.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment