Sunday Set List #86 1/16/2011

sundaysetlistThe worship service went well this morning.

On the music side I was very pleased. With the exception of our tempo was a bit too fast for He Is Yahweh (probably unnoticed by congregation), the team played and sang well especially on our new song. Congregational singing was strong on all the songs except our new one, Not of Our Hands, which is why we will run it the next two Sundays. It’s not actually a new song, but is the result of reviewing a Vineyard Compilation CD that Pastor Mark got me last fall when I was lamenting finding new songs worth singing. I’ve been waiting to do it for months. It’s a great upbeat Holy Spirit song that reminds us it’s not about doing everything in our own strength but empowered instead by the Holy Spirit. It certainly speaks to me, and I’m confident it will grow on the congregation.

This was the first time I led Jesus Messiah; we were slow to get it into the mix. I enjoyed doing it so much on the bass because its lyrics are so strong and its engaging to play, so I decided to learn it on the guitar as well. The congregation has responded well to it.

Here are the rest of the songs we did:

0 Crown Him With Many Crowns Opener-Come to Worship
v1,2,4 Matthew Bridges, 1852; v3 Godfrey Thring, 1874, Music: George J. Elvey, 1868, Arr. ©1997 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music and Word Music
-1 He Is Yahweh GITS-Father
3277849 Dean Salyn ©2001 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing
1 Jesus Messiah GITS-Jesus
5183443 Chris Tomlin ©2008 Vamos Publishing, worshiptogether.com songs

SERMON: Choose Life – Deuteronomy 30:11-20 (Pastor Mark)

-1 I Cannot Ignore Response-To Each Other
©2001 Jordan Fowler Dropknee/Prologue Worship
1 Not Of Our Hands Prayer-Holy Spirit
4915966 Steven & Amanda Potaczek ©2006 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing(ASCAP)/Simplistic Records
1 Just A Little Closer-Evangelism/Missions
Words Rubie T. Weyburn , 1905, arrangement by Doug Thorsvik ©2007

1 'We-I' Balance
1 We-I Balance

MLCC 1/16/2011 Leadsheet

I hope you had a great Lord’s Day too!

Find out what other songs churches are singing at TheWorshipCommunity.com

Technorati Tags: ,

1 comments:

Was doing a Google search on I Cannot Ignore and stumbled across this. I am glad it is still be used. I didn't know. I composed it in 2000. Simple blessing to find it here being used in 11.

Post a Comment