Sunday Set List #83 12/26/2010

sundaysetlist 
We had an excellent service this morning, attendance was lighter than normal, but spirits were high. The question I’m pondering this morning from pastor Mark is: Is your default to be pessimistic or thankful? 

Brad was his normal upbeat self as he lead. He introduced Always Forgiven this morning, and it’s going to be a good addition to our response songs. Lyrically is is strong and musically it adds some variety to our normal sound:

I don’t deserve to be Your servant And how much less to be Your child
Anger and wrath, sure condemnation Should be my portion, my just reward
Never have seen it, never will know it Your loving kindness enfolds my life

  All You have shown me is   Grace, love and mercy
  Now and forever, I am Your child
  Freely You pour out Your loving kindness
  Father of Grace, You welcome me in

All of the sin I have committed Was placed upon Your righteous Son
And now You see me through His perfection As if I’d never done any wrong
Always forgiven, always accepted No fear of judgment before Your throne

We finished strong with How Great is Your Faithfulness and My Redeemer Lives. We had solid congregational singing and I enjoyed hanging out on the bass.

Here are all the songs we did:

1 Angels, from the Realms of Glory Christmas/Advent
Public Domain, lyrics James Montgomery, music Henry T. Smart
1 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing Christmas/Advent
Public Domain Charles Wesley, 1739
1 Emmanuel Christmas/Advent
Bob McGee ©1976 C.A. Music, Jeff Buchan ©1980, 1983 Christian Artists Music

SERMON: The Blessings of Christmas – Colossians 2:6-7 (Pastor Mark)

-1 Always Forgiven Response-To God
©2003 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)
1 How Great is Your Faithfulness Response-To God
5557055 Jonas Myrin and Matt Redman ©2009 Jonas Myrin/Shout! Publishing (admin Integrity Music)
-1 My Redeemer Lives Closer-Believe/Trust
2397964 Reuben Morgan Hillsongs Australia ©1998

2 'We-I' Balance
2 We-I Balance

MLCC 12/26/2010 Leadsheet

Leader/Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Brad
Vocals - Susan 
Bass – Doug
Drums – Brian
Sound tech – Greg

Christmas Eve

We had a packed house for the Christmas Eve service. The songs and service had gotten pretty static, so we changed it up some this year. We went with a first advent, candle lighting, sermon, second advent theme and ended on an upbeat note. The change of pace was refreshing. Two of my favorite contemporary Christmas songs are What Kind of Throne and Fullness of Grace; both are lyrically rich and reflective with music that connect well.

Here are the songs we did:

-1 Here I Am To Worship Response-To God
Tim Hughes ©2001 Kingsway's ThankYou Music/PRS
-1 What Kind of Throne Christmas/Advent
4547468 ©Joel Payne/RESOUNDworship.org, Administered by The Jubilate Group, UK copyrightmanager@jubilate.co.uk
1 Angels We Have Heard On High Christmas/Advent
Public Domain
1 What Child is This Christmas/Advent
Words: William C. Dix, 1865. Music: Greensleeves, 16th Century English melody
1 Fullness of Grace Christmas/Advent
Keith & Kristyn Getty & Stuart Townend Copyright © Thankyou Music 2004

SERMON

1 All Things New Opener-Come to Worship
5518953 Carl Cartee, Ronnie Freeman, Jeromy Deibler, Jason Ingram ©2009 New Spring admin by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing
1 Revelation Song GITS-Jesus
Kari Jobe ©2004 Gateway Create Publishing (Integrity's Praise! Music) CCLI#4447960
-1 Open the Eyes of My Heart Response-Prayer
2298355 Paul Baloche ©1997 Integrity's Hosanna! Music

2 'We-I' Balance
2 We-I Balance

MLCC 12/24/2010 Leadsheet

Leader/Acoustic Guitar/Vocal – Doug
Vocals – Laurie and Dawn
Bass – Brian
Drums – Brad
Sound tech – Clint

I hope you had a blessed Christmas.

Find out what other songs churches are singing at TheWorshipCommunity.com

Technorati Tags: ,,

0 comments:

Post a Comment